2015 Conference and AGM
Saturday 7 March, 2015
Conway hall, 25 REd Lion square, london WC1R 4RL
Coffee & registration 9:00 am. 9:15 start, 5:00 close. 5:15 AGM
Conference Theme: Good data, good policy? Taking place in the run-up to the May 2015 general Election, the conference will focus on public policy and its relationship with the availability of ‘good data’. We aim to address questions such as: How good is the data we have, and is it used well for policy-making? What are the possibilities for the production and democratic use of good statistics, and the threats to such developments?
View the full programme of talks and break-out sessions.
Further information here
Register via Eventbrite
Plus, thinking of coming along for the welcome reception?
Lucas Arms, 245A Grays Inn Rd, WC1X 8QY
Friday 6th March, 6:30-10:30 pm
Suggestions for those who wish to read something beforehand:
1. the set of critiques published in Real World Economics, including articles by Yanis Varoufakis (quite mathematical!) and by Ann Pettifor (et al.) who spoke at RadStats 2012:
2. interview of Varoufakis by the head of the Henry George School:
- Big Data, Big Claims: RSS meeting on Big Data, 19 Jan. 2015
- Radical Statistics, Issue 110
- Results of the Radstats 2014 Critical Essay Competition
- 2015 Conference pre-announcement
- Radstats Critical Essay Competition
- Reduced Statistics Redux
- Is Britain Pulling Apart? Today!
- Is the UK too complacent on drinking water safety?
- Looking ahead: Radstats Conference 2014